Photovoltaic solar panel expert to speak at SPC
As part of St Petersburg College’s Earth Day celebration, Rick Gilbert, president of Solar Source will discuss photovoltaic solar panels. the lecture will take place in the SPC Clearwater Campus Teaching Auditorium on Thursday, April 22, 2010, 12:30-1:45pm.
The presentation is quite timely since SPC recently installed a thin-film solar system. The 3.5 kilowatt system, which generates power for the electrical grid, was installed on the roof of the LEED Gold Natural Science, Mathematics and College of Education building, already one of Tampa Bay’s most environmentally friendly buildings.
Some of Solar Source’s past achievements include:
- Georgia Tech, Aquatic Center – Site of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games
- Australian Olympic Pool – Melbourne, Australia
- State of Florida Governor’s Mansion – Tallahassee, Florida
- Mazatlan, Mexico – Largest Solar Pool Heating System in the world
- City of St. Cloud, Florida – Largest Solar Pool Heating System in the State
The lecture is cosponsored by SPC’s US Green Building Council Students and The Florida Engineering Society.
To learn more about sustainability at St. Petersburg College, contact Jason Green at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then visit http://www.spcollege.edu/sustainability, join the facebook group and follow us at http://twitter.com/sustainableSPC.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.